Most of the world is about 2 months into WFH life. WFH= Work From Home. While we feel the world is starting to get back to business we think that WFH life isn’t going anywhere! We have been at it for about 5 years now and thought we would share some of our favorite tips.
- Get dressed. Seems basic and I don’t conquer this first task every single day. I can tell ya the days I don’t get dressed and stay cozy in our PJ’s aren’t the best days. Even if you are changing into your fav workout clothes- it will make the biggest difference.
- You must have a designated work space to start but as time goes on don’t be afraid to switch it up. It will help you not start to utterly hate the room you work in. I have an office but regularly head to our well lit kitchen or back warehouse to mix it up. Just don’t, I repeat don’t sit on the couch. It is a slippery slop and a hard habit to break.
- They are some awesome luxuries that you have when WFH like throwing some laundry in or cooking lunch fresh. Those luxuries are absolutely distractions too. Throw a load of laundry in but wait till the evening to fold and put away. Make a yummy lunch at home but lets not get carried away and become Paula Deen. Meal prepping for lunches is still a great idea! You don’t need to be superwomen!
- Get outside. I don’t even mean go workout I typically save this for end of day so that I can come home and be done with work. I mean go outside for like 10-30 minutes of vitamin d. Close your eyes, take a deep breath and you will be so refreshed. This is probably my favorite, most important tip!
- Talk to humans not just dogs, set work/life boundaries and if you are really motivated take an ice cold shower right when you get out of bed ( yeah, we will start that one next week, maybe)
As exciting as it sounds working from can really take it out of you. Remote meetings so much more draining compared to real life connection. Don’t forget to take care of yourself!
We want to know what are your work from home tips?!
Ally - Owner of Emma & Evey